Pages

Thursday 7 April 2011

Welcome to my Invisalign blog!

Hey all!
First of all, I should let you all know that this is my first ever blog so forgive me if it's a little all over the place!

The reason behind it; to share my experiences with those of you who are thinking about getting Invisalign clear braces but also, with your help, to keep myself motivated as I expect it's going to be a very bumpy road!

A bit about me:
I'm 29, living in London, and for about 3 years I've been thinking about taking the plunge and signing up to Invisalign.  There are a number of factors as to why I've waited until now, those mainly being i) cost and ii) the time estimate my original dentist gave me was 18 months!

Never far from my mind, when I saw an exceptionally good 'on the day only' deal for Invisalign at a London clinic in February this year, I snapped it up without giving it a second thought!

And here I am!  My impressions were taken about 4 weeks ago and I hope to 'get the call' from the clinic telling me my trays are here in about 2-3 weeks time.  (They said 6-9 weeks but I've to decided to think positively on this one!)

My teeth:
Some pics of my teeth before the braces:
Top & Bottom Teeth - Pre-Invisalign
Bottom Teeth - Pre-Invisalign



Overbite - Pre-Invisalign

My orthodontist thinks it should take about 10 months to sort my bottom teeth out but only 5 months for my top teeth!  My main aim is to straighten my top teeth to lessen the overbite and re-align my bottom teeth, particularly the one growing further back into my mouth by the week (that's what it feels like)!  Right now, one of my top teeth catches in that bottom tooth which can drive me a little insane at times so I'm hoping that will fixed quite quickly!  I also grind my teeth in my sleep - looking forward to having the aligners to protect them!

So, that's the tooth-story pre-Invisalign!  I will post again as soon as I get my trays!

Any advise beforehand would be greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Invisalgin is the better option as long as you're a good candidate for it, you can afford it and if you are committed to it. I will look forward to your next post and best wishes on its progress!

    Invisalign Austin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. invisalign london

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You So Much For Sharing the important and Knowledgeable information about Invisalign

    ReplyDelete