Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Got Lower Attachments!

Got my four lower attachments today along with the next 7 trays (annoyingly labelled 1-7 - will come back to that later) and I'm surprised to find that the new tray is a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be!  (Yay!)  And, they're not half as noticeable as I thought they would be either!  (Whoop!)

First pic below:

Two left, two right - barely noticeable, phew! 

Camera wasn't really playing ball today so I'll post some more side pics and pics with aligner in later this week.

What I'm noticing so far:
- the aligner doesn't seem to fit as snugly as I'd hoped with a noticeable gap between the tips of my teeth and tips of the aligner.  I grind my teeth at night so I'm hoping this might help settle it a bit (hopefully without breaking the attachments).
- I can no longer bite my back teeth together with or without the aligner!  This is a very strange and surreal feeling, especially when eating.  I think it's going to take a while to get used to.  When you've been eating one way for your whole life, going to take time to adjust to another!
- It's tough to get the aligner off!!  Though thankfully, no nails have been broken so far.  

The next 7 trays:
I've received the next 7 trays as mentioned above and I've to return in 14 weeks to get the next set of trays along with the first set of my upper trays (and attachments).

I'm a little annoyed because this new tray is not only labelled number 1L but it's number 1L of 25 (I only noticed this when I got home).  So I'm left with two questions:
- What was the first tray I've been wearing for the last three weeks if it wasn't number 1?
- How has 22 trays turned into 25, which, if the tray I've been wearing for the last three weeks is included, actually makes 26?  44 weeks has now turned into 52.  This is NOT a happy face!  I think I'll be phoning the clinic tomorrow to find out.

I didn't see my orthodontist today.  Instead, a lady (I'm guessing she was an orthodontist) which I now refer to as Sal (scary attachment lady!) fitted my attachments.  

Although the attachment bit was fine, when it came to questions and general discussion, let's just say I didn't leave a particularly happy girl.  I even found myself asking the receptionist if she would please make sure I see my orthodontist next time.  I left feeling quite stupid and maybe even a little intimidated (not sure if that's the correct word) and I do not want a repeat of that!

I've ranted about my experience, including the questions I asked (re: compliance, cleaning and alcohol) and the answers I received from 'Sal', in the bracesreview.com Invisalign Forum here so, if you're curious, go check it out!  

Hope you're all doing well!  Tune in next time...  :o)

3 comments:

  1. great smile is very important and most specially our teeth..i wanna have that smile also so i would also be confident in showing it off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to share this post on your Invisalign journey. I enjoyed all the details of each of your articles of your journey. Have a great rest of your day.
    Dentist Center City Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lower attachments looks perfect. Great job. I will show dentist northeast philadelphia your work.

    ReplyDelete