Pages

Saturday 30 April 2011

Received my Clincheck!

I received my Clincheck - YAY!  I am so happy, mainly because if anything is going to give us Invisalign wearers motivation and encoragement to keep going, this is it!  

12 Days In
I'm so relieved that I've finally started to get used to the aligner and don't find myself thinking about it a million times a day anymore!  Until Thursday, I followed my orhto's instructions and only cleaned my aligners with water and a soft bristle brush  - a lovely pink kiddies one with a picture of a cute happy crocodile on it that always makes me smile!  (I'm such a kid!)  However, although they look clean and shiny, the started to smell just a little so having read tonnes of forums, I decided to give Steradent a try.  So far, it seems to be working fine but I've only been using it two days so I shall let you know the verdict at the end of three weeks wear!  When I'm out and about, I clean the aligner using a soft brush (blue one this time!) and a little bit of mouth wash just to freshen it up a bit.  Seems to be working well so far! 

Invisalign Forum
In case you haven't already discovered it, I would highly recommend an Invisalign Forum I found on bracesreview.com.  I'm finding it super helpful.  It's full of tips, stories of other peoples experiences and motivational words!  Go check it out if you haven't already!  

My ClinCheck
Back to my ClinCheck:  it looks like a LOT of movement so I expect to have a very uncomfortable first few days of each tray but it looks like it will all be worth it in the end!  I CAN'T WAIT!!!  


Next Tray & Attachments
I'm due to see my ortho on 10th May - just over a week away - where I will get the four attachments for my bottom teeth.  If I don't have anything to say beforehand, I shall post again around then!


5 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    This is a bit weird - I think I might be your Invisalign twin...

    You started a little earlier than me, but I started blogging about my Invisalign treatment too (http://straighttalkingteeth.wordpress.com/). I also took up a 'one day only' deal for a central London clinic (same one as you I bet). I'm also the same age as you (more or less!), my name is Anna - and my next appointment is also on 10 May to get my 2nd set of trays!

    Just thought I'd say hello, and good luck with the treatment! :)

    P.S. How did you get you ClinCheck up here? Did they send it to you...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna
    I'd say we're pretty much in line with each other now as I've had my T1 Lower for three weeks because the clinic didn't have an evening appointment sooner (booo, hiss) so I only get T2 tomorrow (and hopefully a few others)! In hindsight, it was probably a good thing because with all of the bank holidays and good weather bbq's and days out, I was happy to be able to be a bit lax with the 22 hour compliance rule having that extra week.

    I won't know what hit me once I get the attachments tomorrow! By the sounds of things, it's going to be a little more tricky to get the aligner in and out for a while! (I've already said my goodbye's to my lovely nails!)

    Re: ClinCheck - I asked the receptionist if I could have one. It cost £10 and, as I couldn't wait three weeks to get it, I asked her would she post it to me! So she did!

    Are you getting your attachments tomorrow also or do you have them already? Let me know how you get on! Good luck!

    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie,

    I get my attachments this evening (I have the same problem getting evening appointments, they seem to fill up very quickly!) I'll be interested to read what answers you get to your questions - my last appointment went so 'efficiently' that I barely had time to remember the questions I wanted to ask!

    Hope the appointment goes well - we can compare notes tomorrow...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Anna,

    How did it go? A true test to see if we go to the same clinic - did a (slightly intimidating) lady fit your attachments?

    I'll be updating my blog later tonight with pictures etc.


    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking the time to write this informative post on your blog. I'd like to congratulate you on your work. Have a great rest of your day and keep up the posts.
    Dentist Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete